Ask your legislators to support a new indoor velodrome
1. Click to find your legislators through the state of MN online system.
2. In the form below, select your State Senator and State Representative, add your name and email and any extra comments you’d like.
3. Click Send. The letter below will be sent with your comments to your legislators automatically.
That’s it! Thank you for supporting the MN Cycling Center!
These legislators lead the effort to keep track cycling alive in MN. If one of them is your legislator, please thank them in your note.
Rep. Anne Claflin (Chief Author)
Rep. Raymond Dehn
Rep. Fue Lee
Rep. Leon Lillie
Sen. Patricia Torres Ray (Chief Author)
I wanted to drop you a note about bills I hope you will support – HF 1607 and SF 1398. The state currently operates a bicycle racing velodrome at the National Sports Center in Blaine (one of only 26 in the US). This facility, unfortunately, will be torn down after the 2019 racing season after 30 years of use. We need your support to continue cycling in Minnesota. In the last 30 years, we have:
- Seen numerous world and national champions and Olympic medalists that have grown up racing on our hometown track.
- Grown the MN High School Cycling League to over 50 high school teams and over 1500 racers.
- Coordinated with public school systems to create a STEM curriculum based on the science and physics of cycling. Using this program in schools with high free and reduced lunch populations we hope to increase science aptitude and a love of cycling in predominantly underrepresented communities.
Continuing support of cycling with a new indoor facility will raise our standing in the international cycling community and will allow for year-round racing, providing a venue for all levels of athletes to train and compete during our long winters. SF 1398 and HF 1607 seek a modest appropriation that will support creating a NEW velodrome that can be used by the thousands of Minnesotans that participate in competitive cycling events in our state. I would appreciate your support to continue the state’s commitment to our strong cycling history.